Friday, September 19, 2014

My favorite sound

For every person, who loss hearing and eventually had the chance like me to ''recover'' in someway hearing thanks to a medical electronic device that is a cochlear implant. You have gained not just hearing, but confidence, you gain your independence back, you gain more awareness of the sounds around you and the ability to control the volume. That is powerful, and those things are unavailable it completes you as a person, and it doesn't bother me to have lost hearing because with Cochlear™ latest technology I've been able to be a hearing person again. Of course, I'm deaf and bionic and by day I consider myself a hearing person, I don't have any limitations in comprehension, listening or speaking... The only limitation I have is I have one CI, so, my orientation in certain environments can be compromised a little bit.
With that being said, having the power to control the volume, to enjoy the sounds, to feel a great sensation of wellness when hear I my favorite sound; I just enjoy my life with my CI and I can't imagine my life without it. That's why I want to talk about my favorite sound! The airplane engine sound! When I travel I just love to hear it! I feel so relaxed hearing that ''noise'' as some people call it, as soon as I hear it I fall asleep. One day I was talking to a friend of mine, and I told her about the airplane engine sound, how much I enjoyed it, and the noise it does when the airplane takes off the runway. She recommended me an amazing app available for Apple: Soothing Lite, that has the Plane Cabin sound and other sounds, you can choose the sound you like the volume, intensity, and keep doing other thing with your iPhone or iPad. I really like this app and since I have it, I never stop using it, specially when I have to concentrate while I study or when I want to read and relax. Here are the pics of the app if you are interested:




No comments:

Post a Comment