Sunday, August 28, 2016

Not everything can be forgotten...

Not everything can be forgotten but we thought we do...

Sometimes we do things that we really love and we're really good at but there's something deep in your very own mind that breaks all the dreams, the hopes that you had. So,  you stop doing what you love because a "social stigma dictates" that you should be doing something else.  It's a sabotage made by a parent, a wife, a friend or even yourself. Stop that! Keep doing what you love, what inspires you.

That happened to me many years ago when I was a kid, I used to love painting and drawing and my parents knew it. When I told my mom that I wanted to take some painting classes she sign up my brother instead of me and I felt awful, my insecurities started feeding from my mind and my thoughts told me that I should stop painting because I wasn't good enough...

Years went by.... and now at my almost 28 years old I started painting again, it wasn't great at first but I was relearning an old craft. Now, I feel very confident of what I do. It's my own way to paint my thoughts, my mood swings (the good and the bad ones), my dreams, everything. I just love it.

I'm not planing to become an "Artist" like Picasso, no. My plan is to go with it and enjoy it, so maybe who knows in a future or a galaxy far, far away I decided to make it official.

This is my latest painting, it's a Raven I called it: All in me. My animal spirit is a Raven, they are intelligent, smart and very capable of adapting to hard situations. We both are warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment